Steps to commission your house or venue portrait
To order your house portrait all I need are a couple of good clear photos. Then to commission a house painting just follow the simple steps below.
I will paint any building; your house, the local pub, holiday homes, wedding venues, restaurants, in fact anywhere that is important to you. I will leave out cars and wheelie bins (if you want me to) and add that hanging basket which looked so good in the summer. Once you have ordered your house portrait, I will work from your photos to your exact requirements to ensure you are 100% happy. I can even include pets by arrangement and an additional cost will apply if you choose this.
- To order your house portrait, first choose which style you would like. I have two different styles: a coloured watercolour and black and white (black ink). Also have a think about what size painting you would like me to paint for you.
- Email me your photos or use the Get in Touch page. Take your pictures on a good clear day and make sure one photo is at the angle you want me to base the painting on. Photos taken in bright conditions or sunlight are best to bring out all the colours.
- I will check your photos straight away and get back to you with a price including p&p. I may give advice as to what to include and what to leave out based on my experience of what makes a good composition.
- To commission your house painting, I require full payment in advance before starting. Just click on the listing, select your size and you will be taken to the checkout to complete your order. Postage and packing is £8.00.
- I will paint your house looking exactly the way you want it. I will send you regular updates, allowing you to check on the work in progress. I may ask you further questions along the way so that your house looks just right.
- My commission paintings normally take 2-3 weeks to complete. I can turn this round a lot quicker if you are in a rush though.
- My paintings are normally supplied unmounted, that way you can choose your own mount and frame to match your home decor. eFrame are a good online framers I have used in the past.
- Delivery is by Royal Mail Special Delivery in a board backed envelope. I live in Horley, Surrey and can always deliver your artwork if you are local.
- I am only an email or phone call away and would love to hear from you to discuss any individual requirements or questions you have regarding a commission for a house painting.
I'm looking forward to creating a beautiful piece of artwork just for you
Artwork for your wedding stationery
I can paint your wedding venue, the location and even paint a map of the area. The perfect way to help inform your guests of the location of your venue.
All I need are some photos to get started
It was a pleasure working with Jan to create a special watercolour painting of my daughter’s wedding venue in Spain. From start to finish Jan kept me updated and sent me the sketch before finishing the painting. She worked extremely quickly and I am very happy with the finished product. I highly recommend Jan.
Jan painted our holiday home for a Christmas gift for my parents. Thanks to her quick turn around time this is the most organised I have ever been with a Christmas present!! She was able to work off only a few photos, and added in some other details too which were not in the photos. She was quick to respond to any queries, and able to accomodate every request I had. The painting itself looks wonderful and I am so excited to give it too my parents this Christmas (tears expected!). Thank you Jan!
I ordered one of Jans paintings of our parents house as a present for our mum. Jan captured the house so beautifully and we are absolutely thrilled with the result, I cannot wait to give it to my mum, she is going to love it. I would really recommend Jans artwork to everyone!
I ordered two paintings from Jan, both portraits from different artists views of our wedding venue. From the first interaction, Jan was amazing with communication, inputting her wonderful ideas, keeping me constantly up to date with numerous pictures of how the paintings were coming along.
Each original painting I have is exquisite, with so much attention to detail, if I could give more than 5 stars I would!
The whole experience has been phenomenal, if anyone is considering using Jan for any custom work, I cannot recommend her enough, you will not be disappointed.
Jan created a beautiful painting of our wedding venue as a gift for my wife on our first anniversary. We are both delighted with how Jan captured the feel of our venue.
The communication post ordering could not have been better: Jan initially shared a pencil sketch for review prior to adding colour, she was also kind enough to offer framing recommendations (which are perfect too!). If you're contemplating a painting of your venue; I couldn't recommend Jan Adams Art highly enough. Thank you!
I ordered a print of my parents’ house for my dad’s 80th birthday. It’s is beautiful. Jan has captured the character of the house perfectly.
Jan was such a professional, providing her expert opinion on how best to capture my home in a painting, sharing regular updates and asking for my sign off at various stages of the process. She even sent the finished product ahead of schedule. I’m so delighted with the painting I received - it’s already up in my home and will be a treasured piece of art for many years to come. Thank you!
Perfect all round. Great communication, amazing artwork and attention to detail, even help with finding the perfect frame to finish it off. Could not fault and would recommend to anyone looking for a gift with a truly personal touch for a special occasion. I’m itching to give it to my parents and know they will love it just as much as I do!
Jan has painted a beautiful picture of my parents house. She has captured the house and garden perfectly. The colours are lovely. Jan was so careful with the details and sent me regular updates. I was only able to send photos from late spring, before the leaves came out. Jan was able to add the new leaves and wisteria flowers. The painting looks better than the photos that I sent Jan.
Thank you so much. I have a beautiful present to give my parents on their 60th wedding anniversary. This is the second house portrait that Jan has done for us - both are lovely.
I was very pleased with my house portrait. Good communication and care.
Jan did an absolutely amazing painting of our wedding venue! Communication was fantastic and Jan kept me informed frequently, even letting me review the painting at each stage. Delivery was also very quick and arrived safely.
I can’t recommend Jan enough!
We are so delighted with the beautiful watercolour painting. It is the perfect gift for our son and his new wife, a lovely reminder of their special day.
Jan has created a beautiful work of art for us. She was in constant contact from our very first message and guided us to finding the perfect photo for her to use. She provided regular updates asking for our approval and input at every stage. We chose the 16x12 inch canvas, which Jan used to create a wonderful detailed painting. We were unsure about the size to start with but don't regret selecting the larger size when we saw the picture.
We would hightly recommend Jan's beautiful venue paintings as the perfect wedding gift and wouldn't hesitate to commission her again.
We are so happy with our stunning painting.
I would like to thank Jan for producing such a beautiful picture. This picture is for my mother-in -law, who is very proud of her garden. Jan has captured the garden and house perfectly.
Jan has been so helpful and gave advice about the best picture to work from. She kept me up to date about the picture and sent copies of the sketch and finished picture. I would highly recommend Jan.
Jan is absolutely fantastic. We didn’t have a full picture of our entire venue and she was able to work with several photos that helped create the bigger picture without an issue. The painting looks beautiful and exactly how it looked on the day. Great communication and I would highly recommend.
Jan's painting of my house is absolutely magical - she captured all the special details and I love the character and style of the painting. Her communication was also fantastic. I'll be coming back to Jan for gifts for friends!